Thursday, September 8, 2011

i heart beauty blender

So I never really got the whole "apply makeup with a damp sponge for a flawless face" thing. I originally tried this with those little triangle makeup sponges, but I don't know where I went wrong, because once that water hits those things, it is like you are hosing down a pack of wild dogs. They stink.

THEN I bought the Sonia Kashuk beauty blender dupe at Target in the States, and honestly, it really didn't do much. Needless to say it did not give me that porcelain finish I was after. I had all but given up hope... until I met the much blogged about beauty blender.



Now, I got a significant price break on this as I bought it at IMATS Vancouver and my cousin and I split a pack of two ( I was feeling very skeptical), but I have to say that I will pay the full price in the future.

This is the only tool (other than my fingers) that I have been using to apply my foundation. It gives my dry skin, that much need moisture and really melts the foundation/concealer/cream blush/highlighter into my skin. No streaking, no lines, no dry patchies.

Beauty Blender Dry
  The BB actually saved the life of one my newly purchased, high end foundations, which I was not quite getting along with. Not to mention any names...NARS!

 Although I do love SK products, it is not a dupe for the beauty blender. It is merely a big chunk of blue foam that does not retain any water. The BB, when wet, swells up like a water balloon, with no doggy smell! It reminds me of someone... "who lives in a pineapple under the sea...
Wet Beauty Blender..I call him "BeautyBob" 
 Absorbent and yellow  pink and porous is he"

 It seems to stain easily but I have been using it for a few months now and it is still going strong.

 In Other News.....

 A job opportunity presented itself to me recently.....one that I couldn't turn down. Can you guess what it is? Here's a hint
.

It is black, white and has makeup all over.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment