Sunday, September 4, 2011

MAC me over

I picked up a few things from the new MAC collection. Over all, I wasn't super impressed with MAC me over, it was a very large collection but nothing really jumped out at me. I am trying to build up my core collection and not get too distracted by the collections.

One item that I knew I wanted was the 226 brush. I smaller version of the 224, this brush does it all. It applies highlight, lid and crease colour really well. I am really happy with it, and considering picking up another one...

MAC 224 left, MAC 226 right



I did walk away with an eyeshadow from the collection, in Mythical. This is really similar to Mythology, and I would say if you already own Mythology you could skip Mythical. I swatched both at the counter and found Mythical to have a more pigmented frost finish. I really like this colour. It works as a great crease colour and really warms up the lid.
MAC Mythical

I also grabbed a MAC 210 brush for applying gel liner (from permanent line). I have been struggling with this lately and even had to ask the MAC girl for advice. She made me apply liner with her brush in the middle of the store and coached me along the way! Haha, I was really nervous. This brush is very tiny, and works well for doing thin lines close the lash line, I find that if you are looking for a dramatic wing, it can be a bit tricky because the brush is so tiny.


Did you find anything from MAC me over?

-E

3 comments:

  1. pretty shade.
    speaking of mac... just posted myth lipstick, a propos myth-names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac..they have really great brushes! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete